This post was originally created in 2017, it’s been updated in 2020. This recipe is so easy, it’s perfect if you’re on a low-carb diet. So good.
Keto Italian Rollups
My all-time favorite sub sandwich has always been an Italian sub. Something about that combo of meats and provolone with a simple oil and vinegar drizzle is just perfect.
The assembly is very simple, just layer the meats in a biggest-to-smallest order, slather on some mayo, add some cheese (if you’re primal), and add the toppings that suit your tastes.
Roll all of that up tightly and secure with a toothpick and dip in a oil/vinegar combo with some Italian seasoning. These make perfect school lunches, as well as an on-the-go meal if you wrap it up in plastic wrap.
High Fat – Keto Lunch Option
These roll-ups really help us get in accurate macros for the day, packing 20g of fat per roll (including the oil/vinegar dip), 10g of protein, and less than 1 net carb. Of course the carb count might go up just a bit depending on what extra toppings you add (like the peppers), but it’s still very much within a keto range. And for me (an average female), 1 roll is all I need for lunch most days.
Did you know you can buy keto snacks online in one place? Check out cardnl!
- 4 Slices Genoa Salami
- 4 Slices Mortadella
- 4 Slices Sopressata
- 4 Slices Pepperoni
- 4 Slices Provolone, omit for dairy-free option
- Paleo Lime Mayo or store-bough mayo, we love Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo
- Shredded Lettuce
- Extra toppings, our favorites are banana peppers, jalapeño peppers, roasted red peppers, and black olives, if desired
- Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Italian Seasoning
- Layer the meat slices from largest to smallest. For the brand we use (Boar's Head), the order is:
• Genoa Salami
- Spread a thin layer of mayo on the stack, making sure to leave space at the top of the largest piece to keep it from squishing out when you roll them up.
- Add a slice of provolone on top of the mayo, about halfway from the top. Add a small handful of lettuce to the lower half and top with desired toppings (optional).
- Have the toothpicks nearby and ready to grab. Starting from the bottom of the cheese, gently (but as tightly as possibe) lroll the stack, pushing in any fillings that find their way out.
- When you get to the end, secure the outer meat edges with a toothpick.
- To serve, pour 2 parts oil and 1 part vinegar into a small dipping ramekin. Sprinkle some Italian seasoning on top. Dip the roll-ups in the oil/vinegar and enjoy!
- Store extras in the fridge, wrapped individually in plastic wrap, for up to a week. These make for delicious and easy school lunches.
Nutrition Facts do not include additional toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 roll-up
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234.3Total Fat: 20.6gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 0.9gProtein: 10g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate