FREE PRODUCT ALERT
Get gluten-free bread mix right now… FOR FREE! (limited time offer, 1 per customer)
- Add the bread mix to your cart at cardnl.com
- Have at least $20 worth of products in your cart to qualify.
- Use code BREADMIXFREE at checkout. CLICK HERE TO START
It’s tough finding the right low carb bread recipe, there’s a lot of garbage out there. This low carb bread is gluten free, grain free, soy free, and filler free. + It’s perfectly diabetic friendly and great for anyone on a low-carb or ketogenic diet.
This recipe uses our inexpensive bread mix available at cardnl (online and in-store). We wanted to offer a low cost option for baking tasty, Keto bread at home. This mix helps you get it right every time. We go to great lengths sourcing the best/highest-quality ingredients with no fillers or weird anti-caking agents.
What Ingredients are used in the Keto Bread Mix?
Purchase the low carb bread mix here.
- Almond Flour
- Flax Seeds
- Psyllium Husk
- Coconut Flour
- Corn-Free Baking Powder [cream of tartar, baking soda]
- Redmond Salt
What else will I need to make this low carb bread?
- Keto Bread Mix from cardnl
- 4 egg whites
- Hot water
- 1 Tbsp oil or butter
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp honey – Wait, isn’t honey high in carbs? Yes, alone it is. However, the honey is to feed the yeast, to help the bread rise, and not be too dense. The honey is simply feeding the yeast and results in a lower carb end product. It’s also a very small amount and ends up being a negligible amount of carbs per slice.
- Toppings, if desired
Everything you need for baking keto bread at home is located in the recipe card below. Enjoy delicious fresh baked, low-carb bread anytime. No gluten. No fillers. No blood sugar spike.
- 1 bag Keto Bread Mix
- 4 lg Egg Whites
- 2/3 cup Hot Water
- 1 Tbsp MCT Oil or Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Honey (to feed the yeast)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a small loaf pan (see notes) with parchment paper and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine water, oil/butter, vinegar, and honey completely in a mixing bowl. Add the contents of the bread mix and stir with a wooden or silicone spatula until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Very gently fold in the egg whites to the bread dough until fully combined.
- Using wet hands, form bread dough into desired size/shape (buns, artisan loaf, dinner rolls, etc). Be gentle, making sure not to compress dough too tight. If using a loaf pan, place dough in the prepared loaf pan and gently smooth the top with wet fingers. Top with seeds or nuts, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes (full loaf size) or until the top is dark golden brown and it sounds slightly hollow when tapped on top. Let cool completely before slicing (important, as the loaf finishes baking as it cools).
- To get the size loaf pictured, we used a 4" x 6.5" mini loaf pan for the entire bag of mix.
- The slices were cut to 1/2" thick. If cutting thinner, your nutritional information will be different.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 (1/2") slices Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 13gCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g