The Easiest Way to Jumpstart Your Metabolism & Kill Cravings
Reset and cleanse your body with budget-friendly & easy meal plan
Gluten-Free Crock Pot Turkey Burger and Veggie Soup (One Pot Wonder)
Living life to its fullest while still cooking well-balanced, nutritional meals for the gluten intolerant in the family can feel like an overwhelming experience. It can be difficult to find the time to shop for fresh ingredients AND still cook after a long day of work at home or at the office. That’s where the magic of the Crock-Pot/Slow-cooker comes to the rescue.
Coming from the south and raised in a military family, we cooked up meals in what we lovingly called “batches.” Having no desire to slave over a hot stove all day, I turned to the beloved Crock-Pot.
This Gluten Free Crock-Pot Turkeyburger and Vegetable Soup recipe is fresh, delicious, and easy to make. The slow cooker allows you to put all the ingredients in the cooker and go on about your busy day—all while your fabulous meal is cooking.
Can I cook ground raw meat in the crockpot?
I know what you’re thinking…cooking raw ground meat in the crockpot. YES! The trick is in choosing a nice lean ground turkey, so you don’t have all that grease. Cooking in the slow cooker provides the perfect opportunity for all the natural juices and flavors of the meat and vegetables to simmer together.
It doesn’t matter what time of the year it is, this soup is simply delicious. I’m from the south, so cornbread is my “go-to” bread. Again, to save time without giving up flavor, I use “Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Cornbread Mix.” I’ve tried several different brands, and this is just the one I prefer.
I like to make a big batch of soup and several mini-loafs of the cornbread. I portion up the remainder of the soup (vacuum sealed) and freeze the soup along with the remaining mini-loaves of cornbread.
Bonus Tip: Use a slow cooker liner instead of nonstick cooking spray and cleanup is an absolute breeze.
Gluten-Free Crock Pot Turkeyburger and Veggie Soup
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Turkey 93/7
- 1 package 16 oz cut and peeled Organic Baby Carrots
- 2 medium sized Potatoes washed peeled, and cubed
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 can 15 oz Organic gluten-free no salt added Whole Kernel Corn (drained)
- 1 can 14.5-15 oz Organic gluten-free Cut Green Beans (drained)
- 1 can 14 oz Organic gluten-free Stewed Tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can 11.5 oz Spicy Hot V8 Juice (UPC 00051000042859)
- 1 cup Gluten-free low sodium Beef Broth can substitute Vegetable Broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Line the Crock-Pot/slow cooker with a liner or coat it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the baby carrots on the bottom of the Crock-Pot/Slow Cooker.
- Crumble the Ground Turkey in a separate container then place it on top of the carrots.
- Spread the chopped potatoes evenly over the ground turkey.
- Add the remainder of the chopped vegetables (onions, celery, green pepper, red pepper).
- Add canned vegetables (corn, green beans, stewed tomatoes).
- Pour the Spicy Hot V8 Juice over contents.
- Pour 1 cup broth over mixture (add up to 1/2 cup more if needed as soup cooks).
- Cover, cook on low for 8 hours