Last Updated on August 23, 2021
This post was updated in the summer of 2020. Enjoy!
Simple recipes with minimal ingredients are pretty great, especially when you’re pressed for time and just need to get food on the table. These healthy skillet sweet potatoes are a favorite side dish around here, and we like to make a large batch to keep them on hand for quick side dishes throughout the week.
Another idea for ya, Ranch Pan Fried Potatoes – oh boy are these good! Maybe save that one for later?
KEY: Smaller is Better (little pieces)
The key to getting these pan fried sweet potatoes to cook up faster is to cut them smaller. This only takes a little bit more time than cutting them larger but results in potatoes that are evenly tender inside with perfectly crisp outsides.
Sweet Potatoes Recipe (Seasoning Ideas)
Feel free to play around with the seasoning you add to them. Some people prefer to leave out the cinnamon altogether, though I really love the addition of it. Ceylon Cinnamon is the absolute best there is and it’s the only cinnamon that we use.
If you like a little spicy in your food, try adding some chipotle pepper seasoning and a bit of smoked paprika.
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
- Ground Cinnamon, to taste
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- Peel and dice the sweet potato into bit size pieces, about 1/2" cubes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the coconut oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the potatoes. Stir to coat all of the pieces with the coconut oil and add the salt, parsley, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Cook the potatoes, stirring occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don't burn, but make sure they get nice and crispy. You may need to cook them, longer, it just depends on the size of your skillet and the heat of your stove.
- Remove from heat when they are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Serve warm. Store leftovers in the fridge for a week. Can be reheated in a skillet to crisp them back up.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 98Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 0gSodium 617mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 1g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate