Two Big Announcements!
Check out the incredible Keto Meal Plan with recipes, grocery lists and macro counts! It took a long time to create, it’s truly awesome.
And we’re getting ready to launch Fat Fit Go (at Paleo f(x)) in April. Check it out and pre-order today.
Halfway there!! How are you doing? Are things getting any easier for you? Surprisingly, week 2 was a bit harder for me than week 1. I struggled more with temptation, and really wanted to snack. A lot. It probably doesn’t help that I discovered how to make the best almond butter I’ve had (that isn’t sweetened). But I’m still hanging in there and that’s what matters, right?
Making the meal plan for Week 3 has made me realize that this thing is actually flying by. For me anyway. I feel like I just started, but here we are, halfway done. It’s exciting. I hope you’re starting to feel the positive effects of the Whole30 by now. If not, you will soon, I promise.
And as always, don’t forget to check in and share along the way over on Facebook and Instagram. If you post any pics of anything related to your Whole30 on Instagram, be sure to use the #OPLwhole30 so I can follow along.
Similar to last week, there are a few new recipes that will be posted in the coming days. Not as many as Week 2, but still a few new ones to mix things up. Also, Week 3 has 8 days of meals in it, due to the fact that 30 days doesn’t nicely and evenly break down into 4’s. Week 4 will also include 8 days.
If you find that you eat more than you planned at dinner, and don’t have any leftovers, my fallback is always Chicken Salad, tuna salad, egg salad, or a simple green salad. Something simple and you can’t go wrong with any of those. I didn’t include ingredients in the Grocery List for these extras, but maybe something to keep on hand just in case, you know?
** Quantity Disclaimer**
My meal plan and subsequent grocery list is intended for my family of 5. Yes, we eat a lot of eggs, yes, we go through a lot of food. These quantities are intended for 4.5 people (our 4-year-old doesn’t eat a full portion… yet), so if you don’t need to prepare for that many people, adjust accordingly so you’re not working too hard or wasting any food.
Whole30 Weekly Meal Plan: Week 3
|Fried Eggs, Bell Pepper Sticks, Leftover Country Potatoes
||Leftover Minestrone Soup
||50/50 Bacon Bison Burgers, Skillet Sweet Potatoes
|Spicy Egg Muffins (1/2 batch), “Baked” Cinnamon Apples
||Leftover 50/50 Bacon Bison Burgers and Skillet Sweet Potatoes
|Fried Eggs, Mini Sweet Potato Souffle
||Leftover Taco Salad
||Paleo Spaghetti Sauce and Zoodles
|Eggs In A Nest, Instant Strawberry Yogurt
||Leftover Paleo Spaghetti Sauce and Zoodles
||Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
|Fiesta Scrambled Eggs and Breakfast Sausage
||Leftover Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
||Crockpot Beef Stew
||Leftover Beef Stew
||Artichoke Meatloaf, Roasted Asparagus, Leftover Mini Sweet Potato Souffle
|Leftover Artichoke Meatloaf
||Easy Egg Salad
||Easy Peasy Chicken Thighs, Best Roasted Veggies
|Aidells Sausage, Sauerkraut, Bell Peppers1
||Chicken Bacon Salad with Hard-Boiled Eggs from the Easy Egg Salad and Chicken Thighs; Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing
||Smokey Bacon Chicken Thighs, Bacon Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
Meal Plan Notes:
1 Sausage, sauerkraut, and peppers – No written recipe: Chop up 1 sausage into bite-size pieces and slice a bell pepper. Cook all 3 ingredients in a hot skillet with a small bit of bacon grease until cooked through and hot.
The Week 3 Meal Plan, at a glance:
Week 3 Meal Planning Prep Tips:
- Wash and cut all produce at the beginning of the week:
- Wash all produce in a water bath with a bit of vinegar and let dry before refrigerating them.
- Peel/slice/dice all vegetables and store them in food storage containers in the refrigerator. For Chicken Noodle Soup, Beef Stew, and Taco Salad ingredients, portion them out separately so they are ready to dump in the pot without any extra measuring or cutting the night of.
- Carrots, peppers, and potatoes should be stored in water to keep them from drying out and browning. Brussels sprouts should be stored in a dry container. This will drastically cut down on meal prep time each evening and will allow you to have fresh veggies on hand if you need a quick snack between meals.
- Chop onions and peppers and store in food storage containers to quickly add them to eggs (for variety) or other dishes.
- ALWAYS save your bacon grease. It’s a great cooking fat and is needed for the Easy Peasy Chicken Thighs.
- Prepare the Eggs In A Nest, Egg Muffins, and Mini Sweet Potato Souffles in advance. All will store well in the fridge and reheat in the microwave just fine. Or they taste just as good cold or at room temp, whatever your preference.
- Make a couple extra hard-boiled eggs so you can have some for the Chicken Bacon Salad.
- Separate meat portions into food storage bags so that you can just grab a bag of exactly what you need.
- Prepare lunches from leftovers the night before so you can just grab it and go the next day.
Meal Plan Week 3 Grocery List
Please note that this grocery list is for 2 adults and 3 children. If you will not be feeding 5 people, adjust the recipes and grocery list accordingly. Also, this Grocery List doesn’t include any snacks since they’re not included in the Meal Plan. Add some extra produce to account for your own snacks.
- 6 Bell Peppers
- 1 Hot Pepper
- 8 Yellow Onions
- 7 Apples
- 10 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Banana
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Limes
- 1 bulb Garlic
- 3-4 Avocados
- Mixed Salad Greens
- Romaine Lettuce
- Iceberg Lettuce
- 3-4 Tomatoes
- 6-7 large Zucchini
- 5 lb bag of Carrots
- 2-3 Cucumbers
- 1 bunch Skinny Asparagus
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 2 small heads Broccoli
- 3-4 lb Brussels Sprouts
- 2-3 Beets
- Chives (freeze dried is fine)
- Salsa (no added sugar)
- 7 lb Grass-Fed Beef
- 1.5 lb Beef Stew Meat
- 2 lb Chorizo
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 3.5 lb Uncured Bacon
- 1 pkg Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage
- 1 (3-4 lb) Whole Chicken (or chicken pieces)
- 14 Chicken Thighs (bonesless, skinless)
HERBS / SPICES
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- Ground Mustard
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Smoked Paprika
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chipotle Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Chili Powder
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- 1 small bag Frozen Strawberries
- At least 3 cups Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Blanched Slivered Almonds
- Sunflower Seed Kernels (raw)
- Flax Seeds
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 cans Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 can Black Olives
- 2 (8 oz) can Tomato Sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can Tomato Paste
- 1 (28 oz) can Diced Tomatoes
- 24 oz Beef Broth (no added sugar)
- 1 small can/carton Chicken or Vegetable broth (no added sugar)
- 14 oz can Artichoke Hearts (in water)
- 1 small jar Dill Pickles (no sugar added)
- Arrowroot, Tapioca, or Potato Starch
- Nutritional Yeast
- Fruit-Juice Sweetened Dried Cranberries (can leave out if you can’t find juice-sweetened)
Get the rest of the Weekly Meal Plans here: